|Deck||Date Sort ascending||Views||Cost|
|JCG OPEN 2nd Season Vol.55 Top 4: 更科 - Control Swordcraft||Updated
|Deck||Date Sort ascending||Views||Cost|
|The Meta Breaker
Deck by somebody
|Control Sword Deck / WIP
Deck by Foot2Face
|How to Counter the Meta ft. Control Sword
Deck by Arilyna
|Idea of swordcraft Control
Deck by AooSz
Deck by Annca
Ever wanted to build the biggest wall of wards that you could? Control sword replaces its highly aggressive strategy with a massive wall of wards that make it difficult for your opponent do damage to you. While behind your massive wall, you build your strength so you can finish your opponent off with hard and heavy strikes!
A new card to hold down the fort with control sword. It comes in with rush so it can immediately trade with any of your opponents followers and it cannot be destroyed by any card effects whatsoever outside of card effects that deal damage to it! This means your opponent cannot dance of death or even themis's decree this card! Even moreso, this card is completely immune to bahamut as well, making it a very good card against most other control decks!
Need a big beefy dude to stand in your opponents way? Then this is your man! Not only is he a 5/6 ward, but when he is killed, you get a 2/3 ward to take his place! This is a staple in pretty much any control sword list!
Roland is a respectable body with ward but the main reason to run her isn't because of her stats. It is because of the Amulet she summons Durandal!
The amulet prevents you from taking more than 4 damage from any one source. But this works for not just you but it also works with your followers! Imagine having the amulet in play while you have front guard in play. It makes it that much harder for your opponent to deal with!
|Shield of FlameSpell - Wonderland Dreams||2||x 3|
|Whole-Souled SwingSpell - Darkness Evolved||2||x 2|
|Veteran LancerFollower - Standard||2||x 3|
|Bladed HedgehogFollower - Wonderland Dreams||2||x 3|
|Blitz LancerFollower - Rise of Bahamut||3||x 3|
|Jeno, Levin VanguardFollower - Rise of Bahamut||4||x 3|
|Aurelia, Regal SaberFollower - Standard||5||x 1|
|Albert, Levin SaberFollower - Rise of Bahamut||5||x 3|
|Frontguard GeneralFollower - Standard||7||x 2|
|Roland the IncorruptibleFollower - Tempest of the Gods||7||x 2|
|Hero of AntiquityFollower - Wonderland Dreams||8||x 3|
- Any 2 PP followers
- Grimnir, War Cyclone
- Blitz Lancer
- Whole-Souled Swing
- Jeno, Levin Vanguard (If going first)
- Floral Fencer (If going second)
- During the Early game, you want to begin getting your defensive wall up.
- Cards like Unicorn Dancer Unica and Veteran Lancer are very good at diverting damage away from your leader.
- Use your Whole-Souled Swing and Art of the Ninja to deal with your opponents early game threats and do your best to trade effectively with your followers..
- Use cards like Blitz Lancer or Jeno, Levin Vanguard to take out your opponents followers. This takes pressure off of your evolution points and makes going first really good because its like having an evo without using them.
- .You can also White Ridge Swordsman to help control the game with a nice ward. You can also evo it to take out an enemy follower with its evolution ability.
- Albert (as usual) is going to be your finisher of choice.
- Use your big beefy wards such as Frontguard General to stand in the way of your opponent. In many cases, they will have to spend a significant amount of resources to break through your wall. This is exactly what you want because it makes it that much harder for them to kill you.
Interaction Between Durandal the Incorruptible + Hero of Antiquity
Hero is already difficult to kill by his card effect but what can make him a massive threat is the placement of Durandal. Since Hero is already a 6/10, Durandal makes it where it is impossible to kill hero with damage without getting rid of a significant amount of resources because your opponent cannot do more than 4 damage at a time to it. This is one of the combinations that can help this deck win through incredibly grindy games!