|Deck||Date Sort ascending||Views||Cost|
|The SN League W1 3rd Place: Noah - Midrange Swordcraft||Updated
|NGE S2 EU Qualifier Three 4th Place: Lana'thel - Midrange Swordcraft||Updated
|NGE S2 NA Qualifier Three 4th Place: BlazBois|Sho - Midrange Swordcraft||Updated
|Deck||Date Sort ascending||Views||Cost|
|Neutral/Control Sword Hybrid, 39W/11L, Masters 9/16-17
Deck by Atlatrozius
Deck by krakistophales
|effe Midrange Sword
Deck by effe
Deck by HYbridX
Deck by his1
Midrange Swordcraft is very similar to aggro swordcraft but it has some very glaring differences. Midrange swordcraft focuses less on the [officer] / [Commander] Synergy and more on strong followers that can hit the opponent very hard.
"Weapon at the ready! Youngling!"
Jeno is such an amazing card for mid sword! He helps preserve your evolution points and can clear a threat off of the table because he has rush. Not only that, but if you manage to enhance him, he can leave 2 guys behind as he dies so you can maintain some board presence.
Your primary evolution target. At the cost of 1 evolution point, you can get 7 power worth of followers in play and be able to trade with your opponents follower and live! This card is 100% Valuetown.
For the longest time, sword really struggled with being able to deal with 3 defense followers in the early game, but no longer! Shield of flame is exactly what sword needed and in many ways, it replaces Whole-Souled Swing because of the additional damage it does.
Ever say to yourself "I really wish i could have some free evolutions?!" or "I wish I could push for more damage?!" This card can do both! As long as it is in play, it allows you to evolve your [commander] followers without spending evolution points! So since it summons a luminous knight, you can use an evolution to pump your already in play followers to deal additional damage to them!
The following section is budget alternatives to cards players may or may not have. Please understand these options are not "optimal" to for peak performance for the deck. They are merely alternatives to fill the space until you have access to the proper cards!
Card this replaces: Tsubaki
Giant Slayer and Tsubaki have the same effects. They both kill a follower that has 5 or more attack. This is very good for when you are fighting against decks that have big followers like dragon.
The differences in the cards is actually in the type of cards they are. Tsubaki is a follower while Giant Slayer is a spell. Tsubaki is capable of killing an opponents follower and being hidden in the shadows (Ambush) to set up another strike. While Giant Slayer is cheaper, Tsubaki is the better quality. It is recommended that you make sure to get Tsubaki's for your deck and replace the giant slayers as soon as you are able!
There is literally no card in sword that can replace Albert. He is one of a kind and quite possibly the most important sword card for you to own. While you can play the game without Tsubaki in your deck, you will have a difficult time playing this deck without Albert. So it is highly suggested if you plan to play sword, then craft those Alberts!
|Whole-Souled SwingSpell - Darkness Evolved||2||x 2|
|Council of Card KnightsSpell - Wonderland Dreams||5||x 3|
|Alwida's CommandSpell - Standard||6||x 3|
|QuickbladerFollower - Standard||1||x 3|
|Maid LeaderFollower - Standard||2||x 2|
|Veteran LancerFollower - Standard||2||x 3|
|Novice TrooperFollower - Standard||3||x 3|
|Jeno, Levin VanguardFollower - Rise of Bahamut||4||x 3|
|Albert, Levin SaberFollower - Rise of Bahamut||5||x 3|
|Luminous MageFollower - Tempest of the Gods||5||x 3|
- Any 1 PP Follower
- Any 2 PP Follower
- Floral Fencer (if going second)
- Jeno, Levin Vanguard (If going first)
- Novice Trooper (If you have a 2 PP Follower)
- Establish early board control with your cheap followers.
- You can play defensively with this deck depending on your draws.
- You want to be applying pressure at every stage of the game so do your absolute best to deal as much damage to your opponent as possible.
- Use your storm followers to trade if you have to so you can clear a big threat off of the board.
- If you can do more damage to your opponent then they can do to you, then go face!
- Continue pressuring your opponents leader and force them behind so that they have to trade with your followers instead.
- If you are not able to get through to your opponent, use your resources to maintain a bigger board.
- Luminous mage is a huge help because you get the effect of free evolutions. Use this to trade with your opponents without burning your evolution points.
- Pretty Simple end game. Albert all of your opponents face until they are dead.
- Use Fangblade Slayer to deal with your opponents big followers and set up for albert the turn afterwards.