Unlimited Archetype Overview
Spartacus Swordcraft gets away from the traditional idea of swordcraft of going face and replaces it with an idea of winning the game through decking yourself out! The general idea of the deck is to draw a ton of cards and then play Spartacus as early as possible. Then, you draw cards and control the game to keep yourself alive long enough to be able to win the game through your alternate win condition!
Unlimited Deck Sample
|Mentor's TeachingsSpell - Darkness Evolved||1||x 3|
|Mystic RingSpell - Starforged Legends||1||x 2|
|Grand AuctionSpell - Brigade of the Sky||1||x 2|
|Altered FateSpell - Standard||2||x 3|
|Usurping SpinebladeSpell - Omen of the Ten||2||x 3|
|Trail of LightSpell - Standard||2||x 2|
|GoblinFollower - Standard||1||x 3|
|Maisy, Red Riding HoodFollower - Wonderland Dreams||2||x 3|
|Legendary FighterFollower - Brigade of the Sky
Whenever another follower evolves, gain the ability to attack 2 times per turn.
Whenever you play a spell, gain Bane.
Whenever you play an amulet, gain Rush.
At the start of your turn, gain +8/+8 if this follower has the ability to attack 2 times per turn, Bane, and Rush.
(Same as the unevolved form.)
|Maid LeaderFollower - Standard||2||x 3|
|Purehearted SingerFollower - Starforged Legends||3||x 3|
|Rabbit Ear AttendantFollower - Wonderland Dreams||3||x 3|
|Shining Bellringer AngelFollower - Chronogenesis||4||x 2|
|SpartacusFollower - Dawnbreak, Nightedge||6||x 3|
|Fount of AngelsAmulet - Dawnbreak, Nightedge||1||x 3|
|Genesis of LegendAmulet - Brigade of the Sky||2||x 3|
Unlimited Core Cards
Spartacus: Spartacus changes the reaper card at the bottom of your deck into a victory card. This means that whenever you deck out (run out of cards to draw in your deck) you automatically win the game!! In addition, at the end of each turn that Spartacus remains on the board, he will add 2 Swordcraft followers from your deck to your hand.
Altered Fate: When you have a large amount of cards in your hand, playing altered fate will get rid of all of those cards and you will draw that many. This means the more cards you have in your hand, the more you will draw for altered fate.
Unlimited Deck Mulligans
- Fount of Angels
- Any 1 PP follower
- Any 2 PP follower
- You don't want to have to dig for this card. You wanna be able to get it out as fast as possible so whenever you see this in your opening hand, you want to keep it!
- Maisy, Red Riding Hood
- Specifically for if you go second. Otherwise, if you have other 2 PP followers, get rid of it.
- Usurping Spineblade
- Specifically for if you go second.
Unlimited General Gameplan and Tips/Tricks
- You want to sort of play this deck as if it is a control deck. You could play for damage but the bulk of your followers are pretty much throwaway followers outside of using them for controlling the game or card draw.
- Using tutoring cards in your deck such as maid leader will help get you to your Spartacus faster.
- Use wards to help defend your life total. It can be pretty easy to get buried under your opponents aggression.
- Try to reserve the use of your Altered Fate for when you have at least about 5 cards in your hand. Ignore this rule of course if you really need to dig for an answer to something your opponent has on the board. But generally, you want to try to get the most value out of the card as you can to advance your win condition.
- Effective use of your legendary fighter is one of the most important things you could do with this deck. Try to find ways to activate as many abilities as possible.
- Use Mystic Ring for putting back your altered fates. Because of the large amount of cards you draw with this deck, you will end up getting multiples in your hand. Mystic Ring helps prevent this so you can loop drawing altered fate after playing Spartacus.
- Be very careful with your evolution usage! This is not a "face" style of deck. You don't want to be using your evolution points to be aggressive. Save them for controlling the board with Maisy, Red Riding hood or some other follower that can help you control the game.