There are currently no tournament decks for this class/archetype, check back soon :)
Looking to deal high amounts of burst damage to your opponent? Want to ramp until you've reached the moon?! Storm Ramp Dragon is the deck for you! A bit different than that Regular Ramp Dragon, Storm ramp focus more on Storm followers to do large chunks of damage to your opponent!
Dragoon Scyther doesn't look it but under all of the fluff, is a rather powerful card. It has bane, so that means it kills whatever it trades into. Not only that but when overflow is active, it gains storm so it can be a decent way to finish off your opponent if their health total is low enough. You can also evolve it in the early game to kill a big threat your opponent may have.
Big Papa Bubbles! Genesis Dragon is pretty much your go to finisher for Storm ramp. Its a huge body at a 7/9 and just straight blow your opponent out of the game! He does cost 10 PP but winning the game is winning the game right?!
The following section is budget alternatives to cards players may or may not have. Please understand these options are not "optimal" to for peak performance for the deck. They are merely alternatives to fill the space until you have access to the proper cards!
Card to replace: Ouroboros
While not as good as Ouroboros, Earthshock Ogre can fill his role quite nicely. He has a similar Fanfare to Ouroboros by doing 3 damage to any enemy but unlike being able to get bigger on evolve or return to your hand, Earthshock Ogre can do an additional 3 on evolve!
I wouldn't say this is a complete replacement however, it does work with Sahaquiel in a pinch and can be used for your Wind Reader Zell Combination in the event you don't have another card you can use with it right away. Its weaker than Ouroboros but can fill the roll just fine if you need it to.
A very important card to all ramp dragon lists. Unfortunately, there are no other cards that can replace this card in dragon. The closest is Sky Dragon Ethica but it is not nearly as good because it requires an evolution point for you to burn so you can ramp. You want to save your evolution points for when you need them.
In other words, do not bother attempting to build this deck unless you are able to get a hold of this card! It is THAT important!
Card to Replace: Dark Dragoon Forte
Forte is obviously the card you would want in this position since you can actually play her on 6 PP and still have storm, Seabrand dragon is not a terrible replacement. While you are in [overflow], it does gain storm so you can use this as a temporary replacement if you do not have Forte's. Please keep in mind that Forte is ALWAYS going to be the better card!
|Elder TortoiseFollower - Wonderland Dreams||4||x 2|
|Dark Dragoon ForteFollower - Standard||6||x 3|
|Aiela, Dragon KnightFollower - Standard||3||x 3|
|Dragoon ScytherFollower - Tempest of the Gods||3||x 2|
|Genesis DragonFollower - Standard||10+||x 2|
|Sibyl of the WaterwyrmFollower - Tempest of the Gods||5||x 2|
|UrdFollower - Standard||4||x 2|
|ZeusFollower - Tempest of the Gods||10+||x 3|
|Polyphonic RoarAmulet - Darkness Evolved||9||x 2|
|Draconic FervorSpell - Rise of Bahamut||5||x 2|
|Dragon OracleSpell - Standard||2||x 3|
- Dragon Oracle
- Any 2PP Follower
- Blazing Breath (Against Shadow / Sword / Forest)
- Breath of the Salamander (Against Shadow / Sword / Forest)
- Rahab (If going first)
- Aiela, Dragon Knight
- Use your removal spells to burn away your opponents threats.
- Use Dragon Oracle to increase your play points. the earlier you begin this, the better.
- Use early wards such as Grimnir, War Cyclone and Rahab to stop your opponent from dealing damage to you.
- Use your Sibyl of the Waterwyrm and Draconic Fervor to heal yourself up and stay in the game. Your opponent will have to deal with your sibyl because they don't want you gaining any HP.
- You generally want to save your evolution points for the late game so you can start pushing a massive load of damage on your opponent. Unfortunately, if you did not get a strong ramp hand, you will end up having to use them in order to fend off your opponents attacks.
- This is not the style of deck that trades with its storm followers unless it is absolutely needed.
- Use your Storm followers to finish the game out. Pretty simple gameplan huh?
- If you cannot storm your opponent out of the game yet, try to get damage where you can but make sure that you are healing to make it difficult for them to kill you.
- Use your Bahamut to keep boards clean and threaten a big win condition.
Urd + Storm Follower Synergy
If you have a storm follower in play, you can attack with it and play urd targeting the follower with storm to attack again. The reason this works is because urd is bringing the follower back into play and it is considered a new card. This is most commonly done with Dark Dragoon Forte while you have 10 Playpoints so you can do them both in the same turn but it will work with any storm follower!