|Deck Cost: 20,150|
Before anything, I was halfway towards AA0 from A3, just because of this deck-archetype I managed to go to the borderline now. I do some missplays sometimes, and still need to learn some more match-ups. So please excuse my new-ness. Also, feel free to tweak the decklist. :D
This is my try on refining the thorized ER-aggro, to good results. I managed several 3+ winstreaks with this deck. Though I must say that this is mostly due to the unstable meta + some players' experiment/try going on.
I don't have any Hulking Giants, so I can't test that. I'm running Pascales instead and quite surprised how a turn 5 8/8 + 4/5 does in the game (evo 2/2 -> 4/4, hit face, go huge). Also, I choose to not run too much 3-drops because this deck's 5th turn play will mostly be pascale/melvie, and rarely 3drop + 2drop. And turn 4 2drop + 2drop is more possible than 3+1.
- Evolving Levi is always better than evo + face. Levi's spell does 3 dmg, while regular evo dmg bonus is 2. Saving evo points is not recommended, but can be done in some conditions/match-ups.
- If you evolve a follower who was buffed by Pascale, it receives another +2/+2 due to Pascale's buff.
- I don't know whether I need to mention this or not, but I think playing the curve effectively is also a key in this deck. (e.g. playing Elementary Alchemy instead of Dwarf Alchemist + essence, to save the dwarf for turn 4 2pp+2pp play.)
BAD MATCH-UPS (from the worst to the least)
- Havencraft, they can heal and Themis' Decree is also a thing.
- Earth Rite Rune (mostly the standard midrange/anti-aggro one), sometimes can heal, a whole bunch of 3-health wards, +Calamitous Curse or Mutagenic Bolt.
- Dragoncraft, they can heal, but their board clear has limitations (only deal 5/2 dmg, or needs 10pp). This deck struggles more than it doesn't against Dragoncraft.
- Midrange/Frog Sword, I rarely face swords, but Cyclone Blade is really something against this deck, they can be faster than this deck as well.
- Aggro/Control Sword, I haven't played against aggro, but I think it would be an okay match-up, control that I've faced is also okay (Durandal might won't do much as this deck's 4+ dmg comes only from Pascale).
- Bloodcraft, this deck is quite dead against Revelation, but before that happens they'd take a hit from Pascale'd follower or evolved Pascale. They love to swarm their bats so Mutagenic Bolt does so much here.
- Forestcraft, rare to see forest these days, but when I face one, this deck just do fine. Make sure Ancient Elf is answerable, a 3/4 ancient elf is less resource-consuming to answer than a 4/5 one.
- Aggro Shadow, I used to run Price of Magic instead of Elementary Alchemy, but it turns fine either way. From my own experience, they have a hard time going for my face. But anyway, Mutagenic Bolt does so much against them.
- Daria Rune, rarely see them, but mostly the same thing. If they go so wild and unanswerable, that's it. Mutagenic Bolts might help countering their flood.
- Dimension-Shift Rune, unless they get so lucky with everything, or you get really unlucky, this deck would do fine. And don't hit the quit button when you see Dimension Shift being played, it doesn't always end up in a lose.
Those match-ups can change in time, and those are only my opinions. By the way, if you have any Hulking Giants, please try them as well. Giant/Pascale are almost identical, they both die from board clear. The difference is the pp cost, and how Giant would die from haven's Tribunal, and that Pascale consumes an earth sigil.
|GoblinFollower - Standard||1||x 3|
|Sammy, Wizard's ApprenticeFollower - Standard||2||x 3|
|Timeworn Mage LeviFollower - Darkness Evolved||2||x 3|
|Dwarf AlchemistFollower - Rise of Bahamut||2||x 3|
|Magic IllusionistFollower - Tempest of the Gods||2||x 3|
|Mage of NightfallFollower - Tempest of the Gods||3||x 1|
|Halo GolemFollower - Tempest of the Gods||4||x 3|
|Sun Oracle PascaleFollower - Darkness Evolved||5||x 3|
|Magic Girl MelvieFollower - Tempest of the Gods||5||x 3|
|Scrap Iron SmelterAmulet - Darkness Evolved||1||x 3|
|Red-Hot RitualAmulet - Darkness Evolved||2||x 3|
|Elementary AlchemyAmulet - Standard||3||x 3|
|Piercing RuneSpell - Rise of Bahamut||4||x 3|
|Mutagenic BoltSpell - Tempest of the Gods||6||x 3|